What is The Mummy MOT®?
A Mummy MOT® is a specialist postnatal examination for women following both vaginal and caesarean deliveries. It will assess how your posture, pelvic floor muscles and stomach muscles are recovering after birth. The Mummy MOT® practitioner will then provide you with specific exercises and treatment to help in your recovery and return to safe exercise.
Who Needs a Mummy MOT®?
Up to half of all women experience weakness in both the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy and up to a third still have a gap in their tummy muscles at 8 weeks post birth. This can cause instability or poor core strength leading to women developing pelvic or back pain or bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction. These conditions should not be something you just ‘put up’ with as a result of having a baby.
What does the Mummy MOT® involve?
A 1-hour Assessment
· Full postural screen
· Pelvic floor muscle assessment
· Abdominal muscle exam to check for any separation
· Screening for any bladder, bowel or sexual dysfunction
It’s recommended that women have their Mummy MOT® after their 6-8 week GP check, but we also treat women who gave birth many years ago that may still have a tummy gap or related pelvic floor issues.
You will be given:
· Education and advice on safe baby-care activities such as lifting your baby or pushing a buggy
· A personalized pelvic floor programme
· A bespoke rehabilitation programme with your goals and lifestyle factors in mind
What comes next?
After the assessment you will be presented with a written Mummy MOT® report of the findings and these findings will be discussed with you. Depending on your diagnosis you may be offered treatment including:
· Manual therapy including soft tissue massage and joint mobilisations
· Pelvic floor exercises
· Electrical stimulation
· Clinical Pilates
· Holistic Core Restore Exercises
Our mission is to look after you and your body so you can look after your baby.
Prices and Booking
£85 The Mummy MOT® (60mins)