What is Women's Health Physiotherapy?
Women's Health is an area, that historically, has been neglected as women have been embarrassed to discuss their symptoms with their doctor or believe it is a normal part of being a woman. But pain during pregnancy is not 'to be expected' and leaking urine when you laugh is not 'normal'. Women's Health Physiotherapy can help you to live a full, symptom free life.
Women's Health Physiotherapy manages all areas of obstetrics and gynaecology throughout a woman's life. Your body undergoes many changes over the years and it is important to address any issues that occur at the time so as to prevent problems later in life.
Don't suffer in silence. Let Laura help you to live the life you deserve.
Women's Health Physiotherapy can manage:
· Stress or Urge Incontinence
· Incontinence in pregnancy
· Pelvic organ prolapse
· Pelvic pain
· Pelvic floor tightness
· Overactive bladder syndrome
· Pregnancy related musculoskeletal pain including pelvic girdle pain (PGP), carpal tunnel syndrome, spinal pain, headaches
· Diastasis rectus (separation of your tummy muscles)
The Woman's Health Physiotherapist may use the following to help you:
· An individualised pelvic floor programme
· Electrical stimulation
· Bladder retraining
· Weighted vaginal cones
· Postural advice/education
· Soft tissue massage/release
· Muscle energy techniques
· Joint mobilisations
· Clinical Pilates
Prices and Booking
£63 Women's health Physiotherapy Assessment (45mins)
£53 Standard Treatment (30mins)
£65 Extended Treatment (60mins)